This morning I renewed an affirmation as I stood on my porch, facing the sun and the birds at the bird feeder. Raising my arms over my head, I spoke aloud the words: "I am the daughter of the universe and the Earth Mother. I am divine. I am the divine daughter of the universe and the Earth Mother."
As I spoke these words this morning, I felt how true they are. We all come from Source, from the spirit of the universe. We cannot help but be divine, but it is something we need to continually remind ourselves of.
When I say these words, I remember I am taken care of and I am perfect just as I am. And I recall that the best that I do comes from my own divinity. Part of that is holding to my authentic self as much as I can, recognizing over and over that particular way that Source or the Divine is a part of me, how my spirit chose to manifest Source within me.
This means to claim my own unique power and to embrace my holiness, my specialness. It means to allow myself to speak my truth. In speaking my truth, I model the divinity that moves through me, that makes me who I am, unlike any other person on earth. In allowing ourselves to speak from who we are, we give others permission to know their own truth and divinity for themselves.
Within this I can still succumb for hours or days to the need to curl up into a tiny ball, like a young child, afraid and needing to comfort myself. There are times that being human requires this kind of self-care, times we simply need to allow this level of our humanity, for we are born both human and divine.
These are the thoughts that ran through my head this morning before getting to work on those very human things that allow the practicality of living.
No comments:
Post a Comment